With our services, we support companies on their way to international business.
Handwerk International Baden-Württemberg is a division of Stuttgart Region chamber of skilled crafts. On behalf of the eight chambers of skilled crafts in the state of Baden-Württemberg and the Baden-Württemberg Confederation of Skilled Crafts, Handwerk International supports around 130,000 small and medium-sized businesses in their international business activities.
Together with partners from Europe
The Enterprise Europe Network is the world’s largest support network for small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with international ambitions. As a partner of the network we help businesses innovate and grow on an international scale. The Network is active in more than 60 countries worldwide. It brings together 3,000 experts from more than 600 member organisations – all renowned for their excellence in business support.
The German craft industry
- The craft industry provides individual and high quality services and products for industrial economy as well as for end-consumers.
- Approximately 132,000 skilled craft companies in Baden-Württemberg
- Turnover: the crafts industry in Baden-Württemberg provides 16% of the jobs and 25% of the apprenticeship training.
- Export activities: 4.4% of the total turnover is made in international markets. 7.3% of the companies are active in international business transactions. Most of their export business is made in the EU member states.
- Membership to the regional chamber of skilled crafts is compulsory. The regional chamber represents the interests of the craft sector towards the political institutions and the public administration.
Handwerk International Baden-Württemberg is your point of contact for questions regarding all aspects of international business in the craft industry. Let us help you discover promising markets, establish valuable contacts and make the best use of attractive business opportunities. Take advantage of our offer, which is directed in particular at small and medium-sized enterprises.
- Cooperation: Support in the search for business partners
- Events: Conferences, seminars and round tables
- Company missions: Accompaniment when entering new markets
- International trade fairs: Presentations at joint fair stands
- Consulting: Individually per telephone and on-site in your company
- Information: Online via website, web-seminars and newsletters
We would be pleased to answer your questions in a personal discussion. Please feel free to contact us.
Every skilled craft enterprise involved in international business has different consultancy needs and brings its own experiences with it. That is why Handwerk International Baden-Württemberg has developed different projects which address the various target groups and deal specifically with their needs.
Innovative companies are more successful abroad, too. We identify your innovation potential and show you how to take advantage of sponsorship for innovative products, services and processes. The project is aimed specifically at the crafts industry, because a lack of information coupled with meagre personnel capacities can make new development opportunities more difficult.
Only a few start-ups survive the critical phase after the first two to three years. This is where our project starts off. With “Scale-up”, we support and promote young, aspiring companies on their way to the top. Through intensive coaching and mentoring, we facilitate access to new European markets, funding and international partnerships for the participating companies.